Last Updated: 5 May, 2022
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Star English Lessons collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Payment details, as held by our secure Payment Platform, Stripe, only.
- Usage of our Services, to monitor fair and sole use of own Materials.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Star English Lessons with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or subscribe to any of our services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Use any affiliated services or links, including but not limited to, newsletters, YouTube and social media.
How will we use your data?
Star English Lessons collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
Star English Lessons will not share your data with external or partner companies without express permission from you.
When Star English Lessons processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Star English Lessons securely stores your data for your Account, and using Stripe or PayPal for your Payments.
Star English Lessons will keep your Account data for 12 months after your most recent subscription has lapsed, in case you choose to re-subscribe. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data. Star English Lessons does not have access to, nor will it keep your Payment data for any length of time outside your subscription period.
Star English Lessons would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, such as notifications of new Material, price changes or training opportunities. Star English Lessons will not share your information with outside organizations.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Star English Lessons from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your data protection rights?
Star English Lessons would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Star English Lessons for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Star English Lessons correct any information about you that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Star English Lessons to complete the information about you that you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Star English Lessons erase your personal data, if you cease any and all Services with Star English Lessons and request erasing in writing.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Star English Lessons restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Star English Lessons’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Star English Lessons transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Or write to us: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Tracking your sole use of the Materials
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Star English Lessons uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Star English Lessons uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Star English Lessons has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.